Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sorry this didnt get posted earlier...it was from 3 weeks before I left Canada!

Today marks the official final 3 weeks left in Canada.....where has the time gone? It went by too fast.



My new friend, Luke, has given the phrase "What are you doing?" a whole new meaning in my mind as the result of a funny story...I laugh everytime I think about it. And I find myself asking the same thing of God alot these days..."God...what are you doing?" And sometimes..I almost have to laugh because it all just seems too ironic or far fetched.



I feel like there is not one single area of my life where I find myself not asking this question. Career, friendships, relationships, finances, spiritually, etc. The closer my return gets...the more I find myself asking...and the more I feel the peace and the calmness I've felt start to TRY to become anxious. Like...."Ok God, do I get a preview? or are you just going to throw me into it like a reality tv show?"



My fear and probably truth is....like a reality tv show. I don't think I get to read the pilot script on this. So since I'm not able to focus on the "WHAT God is doing in my life", I have no choice but to focus on "WHO God is in my life and what His Word says."



I have really been working on taking EVERY thought CAPTIVE, committing it to God and asking HIM to have HIS way as the AUTHOR of my life. Who better to direct it than the One who wrote the script.



Here are some truths that I can cling to at this point in time. Personalization and emphasis mine:



"And my God will meet all my needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19



"Come to me, Morgan, when you are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28



"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9



"This is the assurance I have in approaching God; that if I ask anything according to his will, he hears me." 1 John 5:14



I can, "" Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways acknowledge him, and he will make my paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5,6



"Many are the plans in my heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails" Proverbs 19:21

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28



""I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8



"Let the Lord lead you and trust Him to help." Psalm 37:5



oops, didn't mean to make that last one bold, but I think it sums it all up well, so I'll leave it. I don't know where you are in your story. If you're asking the same...."God, what are you doing?" questions....but I encourage, as I am striving to, to hold on to the truths of what He has promised us. Anything that does not stand up to them is a lie! And NOT of God.



Even though it may feel otherwise sometimes,

You are not forgotten. You are loved beyond measure. You have a purpose.



Sitting at His feet,

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment