Thursday, May 6, 2010

Death By Boxes




















This is what I feel like today....Death by boxes.

I was supposed to be out on Wednesday...then it was Friday...now I'm asking for next week. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done. Although...this time when I moved into this house I literally unpacked every box so I had a lot more work cut out for myself on the flip side. Bless my sweet precious friends in Luverne who have helped me haul items to storage, pack, and clean. I am down to one room....everything is in the front room and just needs to be cleaned out.

As I was cleaning, I started singing a Sara Groves song to myself and it really made me think....I guess because of some of the lyrics...turned some of my frustrating cleaning and packing time into a prayer time.

Here are the lyrics:

Help Me Be New by Sara Groves

God is doing a work in me
He's walking through my rooms and hails
Checking every corner
Tearing down the unsafe walls
And letting in the light

I am working hard
To clean my house and set it straight
To not let pride get in the way
To catch an eternal vision of
What I am to become

Will you help me be new
Will you hold me to the promises
That I have made
Will you let me be new
Forgive my old self and my old mistakes

It seems easier
Living out my life in Christ
For those who do not know me
To hide the thorns stuck in my side
And all my secret faults

But you know me well
And it's you I want the most to see
And recognize the changes
A word from you empowers me
To press on for my goal

When I feel condemned to live my old life
Remind me I've been given a new life in Christ

It is amazing that over the past few weeks I've started becoming frustrated with not being able to study the Word and journal as much as I want to. I definitely have a hunger for the Lord and His Word like never before. It's like a dating relationship when you just want to spend as much time as you can getting to know a person. That's how I feel about God right now.

He has given me such specific answers to prayers and such vivid dreams about situations in my life. Answers and dreams that I know are from Him because I'm been praying over them constantly.

2 prayer requests today:

1) That I'm able to find my sweet dog LuLu a home. It's becoming increasingly harder to think about letting her go...she has been by my side through everything. But I need the Lord to provide a good home for her in the next 3 days.


2) That I'm able to let go and relax the next couple of days. I get stressed....too easily. But....some of my girlfriends have had a beach trip planned for over a month. I thought I would be out of my house by now, and I can't cancel because my leaving prompted it as a time to hang out before I go. It is hard to go knowing I still am not completely "out" of the house and more cleaning awaits me upon my return...but I so desperately need a mental and emotional break. I love these ladies and they constantly make me laugh. They are truly a godsend group of girlfriends. Please pray that the Lord gives me a sense of peace that I can enjoy my time away and that I'll get everything done quickly when I get home.

I'll post after I return...probably with pics looking like a lobster... :)

Blessings my friends,
Mo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Morgan, I really hope you enjoy your beach trip. It is much deserved. I can't wait to hear about your adventures. Much love, Jillybean

    ReplyDelete