Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Starting Line and Letting Go


Well.....here I am...about to start my new adventure.

On May 23, I will be leaving Luverne, AL to at least 4 months of the unknown. I know that for the months of July -September, I'll be doing mission work in my favorite place in the world. British Columbia, Canada.

I'm in the process of raising the funds to go. I've got enough right now to get my passport, plane ticket, and a little to live on, but I've got a good ways to go. I have always hated "asking" for money, but because it is to support missions, the Lord is teaching me to humble myself and allow others the freedom to give if they want to. I am blessed to have support from various families across the world.

So....where am I starting my journey: Prayer and Letting Go

As I've grown up, my mother has always said, "Morgan, pray for closed doors and open windows." This is literally a phrase that has stuck with me well into my adult life. And God has been faithful to do just that. Every place, job, relationship has had a purpose in my life. Sometimes God closes the door in all of those areas, but it never comes without an open window.

As I approach my open window, I am asking all of you, my sweet friends, to journey with me. I hope that the stories, the challenges, the difficulties as well as the joy and blessings that I will surely experience will somehow bless and encourage you.

I try to be an open book the best I can. I value honesty and transparency. I love nothing more than to get real with people. Sometimes its uncomfortable, but authenticity is always undeniably beautiful with the right spirit. I will try not to sugar coat the rough patches, but always try to point to the Lord.

I love the picture I've posted on this entry...."It's time to let go...it will be ok."
I have a control issue....I like to plan. I like to know exactly what is going to happen. I have at times manipulated the heck out of something to try to get the result I want....but in this season, I have learned to let go. Let go of control. Let go of hurt. Let go of expectation. I recently wrote in my journal that I want everything to flow freely through my hands because they are not MINE to claim. Everything in my life is entrusted to me or gifted to me by God. I am not the creator and I can not control.....well I can..but the end result will be less than what God wanted to do with it.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past year it is that the Lord is with me, behind me, and before me. There's not ONE SINGLE THING, one laugh, or one tear that HE has not shared with me. I'm excited about this sweet season with the Lord and covet your prayers.

Prayer requests:
1. That I will get all moved out of my house in Luverne by the end of this week.
2. That my passport gets processed in timely manner.
3. That I am able to find the best possible fares for my airline tickets.
4. That the Lord will provide the right person to carry out my job after I leave, and in a timely manner.
5. That I finish strong where I am.
6. That during the time between my job ends and I go to Vancouver, that I will get to have some sweet sweet time with family and friends.
7. That I will always be sensitive to who the Lord puts in my path, and see every opportunity as one in which I can minister, whether it be something big or small.
8. That I will guard my heart and mind against Satan as I know He is alive and roaming, seeking an opportunity to destroy that which God has intended.
9. That I will be a good steward of the this season God has gifted me with.
10. That opportunities for ministry in Vancouver will be plentiful
11. That I will daily seek the Lord and experience His very personal love and relationship with me. Always being reminded that He indeed is in control.


I will be updating this more in the days to come. Thank you for following me.

At His feet,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment