Thursday, May 27, 2010

God is So Faithful.


So....as many of you know from my posts the past few days, my car has decided to fail me at the worst time. I took it into the shop to get an oil change and have them look over a few things before I made my road trip to Texas to chaparone a high school retreat AND have 3 fundraisers! Well here was the verdict:

In order to "safely" drive to Texas I would need:
4 new tires
Rear AND front brakes
spark plugs
Fuel injection something or other
Leak in transmission
Power steering
some hose thats about to blow
among other things to the tune of $2500

If I wanted to have air conditioning on top of the grand total would be: $3400

Did I mention that my car is an 1988 Celebrity?
Did I mention that I just quit my job 3 days ago to do mission work in Canada?
Did I mention I'm raising support so that I CAN spend 2.5 months in Canada doing mission work?

I have to admit, my initial thought was panic and emotion..I cried, I got mad, I thought it was unfair...
And shortly after i released some tears I was reminded that God does not call us to any place where He has not gone before us. I truly have felt all along that this was the path God wanted me to take and now I should wait expectantly to see how HE would carve out the next step...AND HE HAS!!!!

There is a dear dear couple in Luverne that had once told me if I ever needed anything or needed a car to please call them without hesitation. I do not ask for help easily...At all. But God humbled me and I sent the email. Not only did they respond quickly, but generously.....
Yes...they had a truck I could yes, yes I was more than welcome to take it, they would get the oil changed, looked at, and i could use it for the 2.5 weeks I needed it. Transportation to Texas: CHECK

Great...Car in Luverne, I'm in Savannah.....how do I get to it?
Well.....last night it was set it stone that my best friend Brian was definitely able to get off of work to spend the weekend with my family at a cabin in north Ga. I needed to get the truck in Luverne on tuesday, Brian was driving back to Montgomery on Monday and said he could take me to Luverne. Transportation to Luverne: CHECK

Now..how do I get from luverne back to Savannah at the end of the trip?
Well, my DCCAM's have been wanting to come visit Savannah before I leave for Canada.. They would be coming from Luverne, so there is potential for a ride there, OR the lady from whom I'm borrowing the car said.."I have been known to make a quick trip to Savannah if needed."
Transportation to Savannah: In FAITH a CHECK.

I shared with you all of these details, because I think we all needed to be reminded that if God has ordained it, He WILL make sure it is carried out. We don't always know the how, when, or why, but we CAN TRUST that if we walk in His will and stay focused on Him, it will work together for good.

I truly believe that SATAN wanted to use this to discourage me. But the Lord quickly brought to mind the verse:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Thank you God for the inconveniences in our life that end up bringing all GLORY to YOU.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed and offered encouragement.

With a renewed sense of trust in God's Plan and God's Timing,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment