Friday, July 2, 2010

I can breathe




Well....I've made it to Canada.

The past month has been filled with lots of travel, not much rest, but lots of really cool things have happened. I will be blogging about some of them through out my time here.

Everything kind of hit me on the plane. As we were sitting there waiting to take off, I found myself a little teary eyed. I was so thankful that the moment had finally arrived. I felt very appreciative and blessed. I was relieved and hopeful. To be quite honest with you I felt like I could breathe again. That no matter what has happened in the past few months, I was stepping into a new day.

There have been so many moments even in the past week that God has revealed Himself to me in a new, powerful, and fresh way that I have never experienced before. He has literally invaded my life on every level, broken some of my thought processes, and made me hunger for the power of God in my life. A God of miracles, a God of action. I wait eagerly and with expectation of what HE is going to do.

A little about where I am.

I am living with the Tombing Family. Haupi is the pastor of a local church. I am looking forward to being involved there during my time here.
They are graciously hosting me. I have a wonderful living arrangement.

I have been COLD. Can you believe it southern friends. I am proudly sporting the Crenshaw Cougar hooded sweatshirt on a daily basis. I don't even know why I stressed about what clothes to pack. The low last night was 51 degrees with highs in the low to mid 60's. I am surrounded by majestic mountains!! a beautiful inlet at the foot of the hill. I honestly have never been in a more beautiful place. I'm definitely learning that nature soothes me. There are lots of walking trails and I'm excited about checking those out next week.

I have discovered I am a good trek from where I previously served in Canada. It looks like it will take an hour by public transportation to get there. So some of my favorite places will be held for occasions, but I think I am going to try to plan one day a week to go and help out with the Open Table Meal at my old church. It was one of my favorite things and a great passion of my heart and I think it would be good if I could still participate. I can get a day pass on the Bus for $10 so I will just plan to pack that one day with Vancouver. The rest of my time I will be finding things to do in the Port Moody Area. I think this is good though. It is a new season, a new time in my life, and a new area to love. There is no shortage of people to serve.

I am being told my numerous different people in my life that although I come with a servants heart to serve, I am also here to be served, poured into, and loved on as well. I am great at doing, but horrible at Being....and it is being confirmed in my spirit that I am to Be. I have to learn this. I will be a better servant if I can learn to first, be.

For the first few days, I trying to do just that...be. I'm spending time with Zomi and Zolian. The last time I saw them......they were about 3 or 4. And now they are full of personality and 9 and 10. We have played monopoly, listened to music, eaten a few meals together, told riddles, watched americas got talent. I'm tasted new foods....curry, shanghai bok choy (my new favorite), lasagna with polenta. I'm feeling really healthy here. I like it.

I'm attached a few pics that i just snapped at the house. It's just the scenery around the town home, I'll get more pics in the coming day. Thanks for the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment